Each Wednesday night throughout the summer, we have the pleasure of hearing from some of our church family who have taken the time to record a video for us – sharing their stories, and inviting us to join with them in prayer.
This week, we’re joined by Peter McClelland, our youth worker here in Wellington, and by James Gourley who is currently undertaking a summer internship with International Justice Mission.
We want to join with Peter in giving thanks to God for His goodness and faithfulness to us, so clearly evident in the lives and journeys of many of our young people in Wellington, especially in this last season. Let’s join Peter in praying for –
- All of our young people in Wellington and indeed across our town and our land. It’s certainly been a different and difficult year for them and we want to bring them before our mighty God in prayer.
- The relationships with young people that Peter and others have been investing in throughout the pandemic and are now re-energising through Summer Groups and our Summer Week.
- The leaders and volunteers of our Youth Club which hasn’t been able to meet at all over the last year. Let’s pray for them as they now reestablish those important connections with young people across the town, especially through their activity programme that’s running this week.
- September and all of the wisdom and guidance that we need as we seek to safely restart some of our youth organisations in the church.
Let’s also give thanks for all of the work that James has been involved in so far and join him in praying for –
- A smooth move back to England with minimal impact on his working life.
- IJM’s involvement with many different festivals across the UK. Let’s pray that the organisation would still be able connect with people and inspire a passion for justice despite so many summer events having to move online.